Following up on the success of the Rivolta Guitars Combinata comes the latest addition to the family: The Mondata. The tradition of offering fresh takes on classic Dennis Fano designs continues with this offset design, incorporating elements of the Fano JM6 and the classic non-reverse Firebird.
Like the Combinata, the Mondata features a double-bound chambered mahogany body with bound neck and vintage pearloid block inlays.
You can expect a punchy and clear tone from the Firebird pickups, think ‘humbuckers that sound like FAT single coils’ and you’re there. If versatility is your thing, the two switch configuration gives you every possible pickup combination.
The Rivolta Mondata features a first for Dennis Fano: it’s his first design to incorporate a double switching system, including a selector switch for the bridge and neck pickups, and a mode switch. The mode switch has 3 positions:
- “Standard” (toggle down: no middle pickup, only bridge and/or neck pickup, selected via upper toggle)
- “Combo” (toggle in the middle: middle pickup + bridge and/or neck pickup, selected via upper toggle)
- “Override” (toggle up: middle pickup only, upper toggle bypassed)
- Chambered mahogany body w/ mahogany top
- German carve top w/ raised center block
- White binding on front and back
- Set maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard w/ white binding
- Full width moto block inlays
- 3+3 peghead w/ white binding
- 25″ scale length
- 1.687″ nut width
- C’ shape neck carve
- 3x ‘Fumante’ Mini-Humbucker pickups w/ nickel cover and black LP Deluxe mounting ring
- Master volume, master tone, 2 toggle switches
- Kluson style tuners
- Tune-o-matic bridge w/ traditional nylon saddles & stop tailpiece